The first part of the week was more than optimistic for Bitcoin. However, now it is going through the correction phase.
The winter is not receding. Top cryptocurrencies have declined. Bitcoin has fallen below $9000. Are we going to $6000 again? Let’s see.
- The former chief economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Kenneth Rogoff says that in 10-year future bitcoin will more likely cost $100 than $100,000. Further regulations will make the price go down.
- According to Blockchain. info, the number of transactions in bitcoin network plunged to the 2-year low.
- Why has bitcoin fallen? One of the reasons can be a huge sale of BTC by a trustee of the bankrupt Mt.Gox cryptocurrency exchange. Since September 2017 he has sold bitcoin and bitcoin cash for more than $400 million to compensate the losses of Mt.Gox creditors.
- According to one research, bitcoin is most traded in Japanese yen (60%). The second fiat currency is the US dollar (25%), in the third place the Korean won (6.5%), the euro is the fourth (5.5%).
- Some news about an uncertain Chinese policy. A proposal on a national cryptocurrency exchange was made at the annual meeting of China’s top legislative and advisory bodies. Despite all restrictions on cryptocurrencies, China is not going to stay aside. At the same time, accounts of cryptocurrencies exchanges are blocked in the popular Chinese messenger WeChat.
- More restrictions in Asia. Japanese authorities closed cryptocurrency trade platforms FSHO and Bit Station for 30 days until security violations are removed. Five cryptocurrency exchanges (Coincheck is among them) have to present a plan to improve protection from cyber attacks before March 22.
- The government of New Jersey banned the ICO of Bitcoiin2Gen that is advertised by Steven Seagal. Don’t believe famous names.
- Ryan Gosling has become the new face of cryptocurrency scam Miroskii (the actor didn’t know about it).
- The National Assembly of Venezuela said that El Petro is a fraud of a corrupt government that was created to get money from citizens. The opposition has most of the seats in Assembly, so such a claim is not a surprise.
- A bot of the cryptocurrency exchange Binance was hacked. After the hacking, it started selling altcoins at market prices and buying Viacoin (VIA). VIA became the second one after bitcoin by the volume of trading. However, the cryptocurrency exchange itself was not hacked. Now all balances of users are restored. The crypto market lost more than $30 billion during an hour. All top cryptocurrencies fell.
- Coinbase opens its first investment index fund tied to rates of BTC, BCH, ETH, and LTC. In the beginning, only accredited investors from the USA will have an access to it, a minimum deposit is $10,000.
- Vitalik Buterin, the founder of Ethereum, offered a new model of ICO – DAICO. DAICO will help to make the ICO more secure attracting investors in a process of an initial development of the project.
- A new token has appeared. Developers of Callisto Network confirmed Ethereum Classic block mold. Yobit has started trading on the new token, a price is $1,6. A launching of Callisto network is planned on March 23.
Bitcoin $8,810 (-10.81%)
DASH $456.4 (-12.60%)
Ethereum $677.41 (-10.50%)
Litecoin $168.05 (-8.85%)
On Wednesday, China posted shockingly weaker surge in retail sales as well as industrial output for April, thus increasing pressure on the Chinese cabinet to roll out more stimulus because the trade conflict with America escalates…
In April, American import prices surged less than anticipated in April due to the fact that jumps in the cost of food and petroleum were tamed by the largest tumble in the price of capital goods for a decade, dropping a hint at the fact that inflation…
On Monday, gold declined notwithstanding a lower American currency because data underpinned hopes for a Fed interest rate lift…
On Friday, European stock indices fluctuated at the beginning of the trading session…
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting at 00:00 MT time on August 9.