The UK’s key inflation rate rallied in February, although stayed close to January's two-year minimum, assisting customers to preserve their spending power even as Brexit was still uncertain…
A founder and PayPal ex-CEO Bill Harris about Bitcoin: “Bitcoin is a scam. In my opinion, it’s a colossal pump-and-dump scheme, the likes of which the world has never seen…The losers are ill-informed buyers caught up in the spiral of greed. The result is a massive transfer of wealth from ordinary families to internet promoters.”
- On Wednesday, Bitcoin could not stick to its March highs and fell below $9,000. To Friday morning, the cryptocurrency managed to slightly recover and climb to $9,250. Now Bitcoin is standing still. Let’s look who will be stronger – bulls or bears.
- A head of the cryptocurrency exchange MtGox Nobuaki Kobayashi may sell $70 million of bitcoins. Such a huge selling may lead to a continuation of the bitcoin’s fall.
- According to the report of the Quebec Research Funds, “Bitcoin forms only a tiny part of the criminal money circulating around the planet.” It would be good for Bitcoin if governments of other countries had the same opinion.
- A representative of MyEtherWallet (one of the largest Ethereum wallets) confirmed a hack of DNS-servers. As a result, the wallet lost $152K.
- The number of Lightning Network active nods became 1,684 and the number of open channels increased to 5,663. It is worth to say, in the middle of January there were just 35 nods.
- An Iran financial regulator banned cryptocurrencies because of a possibility to use them for money-laundering and terrorism.
- Goldman Sachs created a digital assets office. The bank is not going to trade yet, the aim is to analyze the market.
- According to Reuters, the Philippines opened an economic zone where mining, trading, and ICO will be allowed.
- A cryptocurrency exchange Bitstamp (the only one that has a European license) will be sold. According to mass media, South Korean company Nexon may become a new owner.
- A CEO of the stock exchange Nasdaq announced that the company is ready to become a cryptocurrency exchange.
- A cryptocurrency exchange Binance added an option of a conversion cryptocurrency dust (a balance on a wallet that is less than a commission fee) into their own tokens.
- A huge Japanese messenger Line plans to launch a blockchain for decentralized applications in addition to announced messenger’s cryptocurrency and cryptocurrency exchange.
- One of the largest Spanish banks BBVA gave a credit of $91 million through a blockchain. It took just several hours instead of several days to negotiate and agree to the credit.
The Monetary policy committee of the Bank of England will vote on the level of interest rate and release its monetary policy summary on March 21, at 14:00 MT time.
French quarterly surge is expected to strengthen in the first half of 2019 because consumer spending derives benefits from improving household incomes as well as reviving business confidence after protests at the end of 2018…
Safe havens such as gold and Japanese yen declined as investors sentiment was boosted by eased geopolitical tensions…
On Tuesday, the euro tacked on because market participants waited for reports on inflation and growth in the euro zone, while the Japanese yen went down after Japan’s major bank told it would be more flexible in its huge stimulus program…
On Tuesday, the evergreen buck dived because the common currency bounced off and the UK pound managed to ascend to the day’s maximums reacting to reports that British Prime Minister Theresa May is going to take control of Brexit talks…