In August, American home sales stood still, although inventory added for the first time for three years because the housing market kept struggling notwithstanding strength across the broader American economy…
Jeffrey C. Sprecher, CEO Intercontinental Exchange: Bitcoin will significantly simplify the promotion of the world currency. It has a potential to be the first world currency.
- Bitcoin has suffered a great fall this week. Although the Turkish lira plunged at the beginning of the week and Turkish traders started buying Bitcoin, it didn’t support the cryptocurrency. The digital currency fell to the lows of the end of June 2018 near $5,875. However, it managed to recover. Up to now, Bitcoin has been trading near $6,430. The resistance is at $6,615. If Bitcoin can’t break this level, the fall to 5,875 is anticipated.
- The volume of trading on Turkish cryptocurrency exchanges increased by 100% because of the great plunge of the Turkish lira.
- The California Court rejected the lawsuit against Ripple. The Ripple was accused of a price manipulation. Moreover, the complainant required to recognize it as unregistered security.
- The head of BitMEX cryptocurrency exchange called Ethereum “shitcoin” and predicted its fall below $100. Recently the price plunged below $300.
- The Venezuelan President Mr. Maduro said that both the Venezuelan bolivar and El Petro will become national currencies since August 20.
- A government of the Korean Cheju island wants the island to become a center of the blockchain industry and a free area for ICO despite the strict national policy to the cryptocurrency market.
- The Saudi Arabian authorities forbade companies and individuals to trade cryptocurrencies.
- South Korea is anticipated to spend $918 million to develop blockchain and artificial intelligence in 2019.
- Malta has the biggest volume of cryptocurrency trading on cryptocurrency exchanges in the world.
- KuCoin cryptocurrency exchange is accused of a fraud. The Hong Kong head-office isn’t located at the registered address.
- Jamaican stock exchange will launch cryptocurrency trading. The trading platform will start operating at the end of 2018.
Just for fun
- Instead of a reward of $250,000, Bitfi wallet’s developers promised problems to hackers who claimed successful hacking.
Bitcoin $6,434.3 (-0.24%)
DASH $156.73 (-1.74%)
Ethereum $296.86 (+0.39%)
Litecoin $56.885 (-0.56%)
The Canadian dollar has chances to keep trading at good levels. According to the recent statement of the Bank of Canada, the country’s economic data are in line with the forecasts.
The main focus today is on the UK retail sales, which are expected to fall by 0…
Safe havens such as gold and Japanese yen declined as investors sentiment was boosted by eased geopolitical tensions…
On Tuesday, the euro tacked on because market participants waited for reports on inflation and growth in the euro zone, while the Japanese yen went down after Japan’s major bank told it would be more flexible in its huge stimulus program…
On Tuesday, the evergreen buck dived because the common currency bounced off and the UK pound managed to ascend to the day’s maximums reacting to reports that British Prime Minister Theresa May is going to take control of Brexit talks…