In December, new orders for major American capital goods suddenly slumped in the face of decreasing demand for machinery as well as primary metals, indicating a sustained deceleration in business spending on equipment, which could further impact economic…
Jeffrey Wernik, entrepreneur, crypto investor: “The question is, what for a typical middle-class person-how do they accumulate wealth? And I think their only answer is to put a certain percentage in crypto”
Bitcoin started bullish on Monday breaking the two-week resistance at $6610 and testing the pivot resistance at $6683. The crisis on the stock market when Nasdaq fell by more than 4%, S&P 500 and Dow Jones by more than 3% affected the price of the digital currency heavily. As cryptocurrencies are considered as high-risk commodities, they did not attract the investors due to the unstable market situation. On Thursday it tested its September lows at the support at $6190. For now, the digital currency is trying to recover testing the resistance at $6304. If it manages to close above this level, the next resistance is at $6437. Any negative activity on the digital currency market, as well as manipulations by Bitcoin whales, can make the currency weaker. In that case, the support is at $6190.
- World trade organization sees global advantages in applying blockchain-technologies to financial and trade fields.
- United Arab Emirates’ authorities compared ICO to the public offering of the common stock. They are also developing a new government cryptocurrency emCash in Dubai.
- Financial regulator of Switzerland FINMA gave its first license for the regulation of crypto assets. Its owner is investment fund Crypto Fund.
- Regulator of telecommunication industry of Great Britain Ofcom announced the start of the project of inserting Blockchain into phone communication system.
- Harvard, Stanford and Massachusetts universities invest millions of dollars in cryptofunds. This is a good news for the legitimization of the sphere.
- South Korean popular messenger Kakao started testing its blockchain platform Klaytn.
- Japanese IT giant GMO announced the release of GMO Japanese Yen in 2019. Token will be connected with Japanese currency. Finally, some diversity!
Key events to follow for the next week:
15 October - SolarTech Summit in Porto, Portugal
15 October - Mainnet coin, Metamorph trading platform launch.
16 October - FOTA platform launch.
17 October - Financial Times Digital Health Summit in New York, the USA
19 October - Start Engine Summit in Los Angeles, the USA
Bitcoin $6,321.1 (+0.31%)
DASH $162.10 (-1.45%)
Ethereum $197.49 (-1.82%)
Litecoin: $51.75 (+0.9%)
American mortgage applications tacked on for the first time for five weeks because most home borrowing costs kept to their lowest value for 10 months…
The releases of employment change and the unemployment rate for Australia are expected on February 21, at 2:30 MT time.
Safe havens such as gold and Japanese yen declined as investors sentiment was boosted by eased geopolitical tensions…
On Tuesday, the euro tacked on because market participants waited for reports on inflation and growth in the euro zone, while the Japanese yen went down after Japan’s major bank told it would be more flexible in its huge stimulus program…
On Tuesday, the evergreen buck dived because the common currency bounced off and the UK pound managed to ascend to the day’s maximums reacting to reports that British Prime Minister Theresa May is going to take control of Brexit talks…