Welcome to Tuesday!
Tom Jessop, head of Fidelity Digital Asset Services: “I think we are starting to see an acceleration… I don’t know what phase (innovator, early-adopter, early majority, etc.) we are in, but I think that with some of these recent announcements we are now seen as this interesting and transformative asset class… So, we can expect more news heading into 2019 that raises the bar and helps growth in the [crypto and blockchain] market.”
Happy Birthday, Bitcoin! 10 years ago Nakamoto published the whitepaper of the granddad for all cryptocurrencies. It has been a complicated period for the digital asset with its ups and downs, however, a lot of achievements have been made since the beginning of its route. We wish it more recognition and adequate regulations in the upcoming years. Finally, to reach the moon!
Last days Bitcoin was making small movements towards this direction. Digital asset rose from the fall after the hacking attack of the Canadian crypto trading platform MapleChange. On Thursday, the price for Bitcoin tested the resistance at $6,394. If Bitcoin is supported by positive events, it can rise to the next resistance at $6,509. In case of negative news, the pair will fall to the support at $6,334. In case of the breakthrough, the next support at $6,218.
- Stablecoin Tether stabilized, however, it has lost around 1 billion of its capitalization.
- Financial Services Authority (FSA) will review the ban of crypto derivatives in 2019.
- Canadian crypto trading platform Maplechange announced the hackers stole all of its money and afterward deleted its site. Scam alert?
- Bank of America patented the method of holding private keys, which can be used in cryptocurrencies.
- Ernst&Young presented a new tool for private transactions on the Ethereum public blockchain, using a protocol with zero disclosure.
- Vitaly Buterin announced Ethereum 2.0, which will work on POS-mining.
- Hong Cong trading platform HKEX will apply Blockchain to analyze the trading results.
- Bithumb will launch a platform with security tokens in the US as a partnership program with SeriesOne investment company.
- JP Morgan is planning to tokenize gold using its blockchain Quorum.
- Venezuela’s controversial cryptocurrency Petro was released. It can be bought only from the Superintendency of Cryptoassets and Related Activities (Sunacrip).
- John McAfee will run for president in 2020 to promote cryptocurrency. Will he make Bitcoin great again?
DASH $157.6 (+0.46%)
Ethereum $200.35 (+0.89%)
Litecoin: $50.5 (+1.90%)
In July, Britain's inflation rate rallied for the first time in 2018, thus leaving many UK households feeling quite squeezed by prices, soaring at nearly the same tempo as their wages…
On Friday, the evergreen buck rallied versus its counterparts after data disclosed that the American economy generated more jobs than anticipated In October, thus backing the Fed’s case to proceed with gradual rate lifts…
On Tuesday, gold rallied because uncertainty over the latest developments in Britain’s departure from the EU backed safe haven demand and traders looked ahead for American inflation data to underpin the Fed’s pledge to remain on hold…