The first part of the week was more than optimistic for Bitcoin. However, now it is going through the correction phase.
BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes: “Contrary to popular belief, Bitcoin requires volatility if it is ever to gain mainstream adoption. The price of Bitcoin is the best and most transparent way to communicate the health of the ecosystem. It advertises to the world that something is happening–whether that is positive or negative is irrelevant.”
The week started bullish for Bitcoin. On Wednesday, the price crossed the resistance at 50-day MA at $6,516 and afterward tested the next psychological resistance at $6,563. However, it failed to continue moving towards $6,662 and bounced back below $6,516. Despite the market speculations, the volatility of the digital asset remains extremely low. ATR is situated at its lowest levels. If buyers take over, it can push the price towards $6,516 again. In case of a bear market, the support lies at the pivot point at $6,400.
- The People's Bank of China is planning to ban airdrop as it can be used for conducting hidden ICOs.
- Taiwanese financial regulator banned anonymous crypto transactions and obliged trading platforms to pass personal data of clients to it.
- The Swiss financial market supervisory authority advised banks to set the risk coefficient for crypto assets at 800% to cover market and credit risks, regardless of whether the positions are held in the banking or trading book.
- Tax regulating department of Thailand is planning to use blockchain for following the tax evasions.
- Government banks of Venezuela started to show the sum on clients’ accounts in Petro cryptocurrency.
- The Brazilian prosecutor's office started the investigation of the money-laundering through Deltec Bank which is Tether partner.
- The BBVA bank from Spain gave the first credit with financial data recorded in blockchain Ethereum. The approximate sum of the loan is $150 million.
- The French government will make the taxation for crypto asset owners easier. The tax will reduce from 36% to 30%.
- OKEx launched margin trading of XRP/BTC and LTC/BTC. As a result, Ripple rose and outperformed Ethereum, while Litecoin ignored the news.
- It’s now possible to buy Litecoin for the fiat currencies at Litecoin.com.
Events to trade on BTC, Ethereum, Litecoin and Dash in the upcoming week:
November 12 - Bitcoin (BTC) - Bakkt Bitcoin BTC Futures Launch
November 15 - Bitcoin Cash (BCH) - Hard Fork
DASH $168.1 (-5.9%)
Ethereum $200.35 (+0.89%)
Litecoin: $50.5 (+1.90%)
On Wednesday, China posted shockingly weaker surge in retail sales as well as industrial output for April, thus increasing pressure on the Chinese cabinet to roll out more stimulus because the trade conflict with America escalates…
In April, American import prices surged less than anticipated in April due to the fact that jumps in the cost of food and petroleum were tamed by the largest tumble in the price of capital goods for a decade, dropping a hint at the fact that inflation…
On Monday, gold declined notwithstanding a lower American currency because data underpinned hopes for a Fed interest rate lift…
On Friday, European stock indices fluctuated at the beginning of the trading session…
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting at 00:00 MT time on August 9.