In December, new orders for major American capital goods suddenly slumped in the face of decreasing demand for machinery as well as primary metals, indicating a sustained deceleration in business spending on equipment, which could further impact economic…
Martin Weiss, the founder of Weiss Ratings: “Like gold, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies could become a haven for investors who flee from fiat currency devaluations. In fact, in one key aspect, it may be even better than gold: It cannot be confiscated by any government.”
Tuesday happened to be the most volatile day for Bitcoin this week, as the cryptocurrency fell below the $3,500 level, but managed to rebound quickly to the levels near $3,600. On the H4 chart, we can see that the grandfather of cryptocurrencies has been trading within the $3,586-3,642 range for the last three days. The rebounds from these levels may be used to open positions. For now, Bitcoin has already tested the ground below the support at $3,586. If this level is broken, the next support lies at $3,563. In case bulls get stronger, they may push its price above the resistance at $3,642. The next resistance is placed at $3,658. However, the overall picture of the market and the trend are still bearish. That is why we may expect further falls.
- Chicago exchange CBOE has canceled its request to approve VanEck and SolidX Bitcoin ETF (exchange-traded funds) due to the current government shutdown. It plans to ask for the approval again when the Security exchange commission starts to work.
- Cryptocurrency bank Galaxy Digital plans to invest $250 million to issue credits to blockchain companies, which struggle with the bear market.
- The candidate for the US president post, a huge supporter of crypto and the founder of the famous antivirus software John McAfee left the country after he was indicted on charges of tax fraud.
- The market anticipates the presentation of the TON blockchain network and GRAM token by Pavel Durov during the World Economic Forum this week. This is a highly important event, which may affect the market positively. According to the news, TON will be launched in March.
- The “World Economic and Social Survey 2018” report by the United Nations said cryptocurrencies and blockchain allow to switch their confidence from banks and governments to program codes.
- Japanese Regulators Approve Startup’s Bitcoin Sidechain Trial for Exchanges
- Chili and Romania plan to apply taxes on crypto operations’ income.
- The United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia develop a cryptocurrency for payments between banks or governments.
American mortgage applications tacked on for the first time for five weeks because most home borrowing costs kept to their lowest value for 10 months…
The releases of employment change and the unemployment rate for Australia are expected on February 21, at 2:30 MT time.
Safe havens such as gold and Japanese yen declined as investors sentiment was boosted by eased geopolitical tensions…
On Tuesday, the euro tacked on because market participants waited for reports on inflation and growth in the euro zone, while the Japanese yen went down after Japan’s major bank told it would be more flexible in its huge stimulus program…
On Tuesday, the evergreen buck dived because the common currency bounced off and the UK pound managed to ascend to the day’s maximums reacting to reports that British Prime Minister Theresa May is going to take control of Brexit talks…