January 15 is when CHF was unpegged from EUR in 2015. What happened on the Forex market on that day?
Ric Edelman, finance expert, the founder of Edelman Financial Engines: "The [Securities and Exchange Commission] SEC has several legitimate thoughtful concerns that the industry has to overcome but I'm confident they will. Eventually, we will see a Bitcoin ETF and it's at that stage that I will be much more comfortable recommending that ordinary investors participate."
Will we finally see any price action for Bitcoin? On the daily chart, the price for the digital asset has been capped by the 50-day MA at $3,715 and volatility has been dying out since the beginning of the week.
On H4, despite the high spike at the beginning of Monday, the grandfather of cryptocurrencies fell back within the $3,650-$3,704 range. From the technical side, the price formed the “Flag” pattern, which is characterized by a bullish rise on February 8-9 followed by the consolidation phase. This pattern may signal the rise if its upper border is broken. But remember that cryptocurrencies may play tricks on you, so wait for further confirmations and don’t forget about stop losses!
For now, the closest resistance for Bitcoin lies at $3,677. If it’s broken, the next resistance is placed at $3,704. If bears are stronger, the price for Bitcoin will fall towards the support at $3,650. The break of this level will pull the crypto asset lower to the support at $3,621.
- The first Bitcoin transaction through the short-wave radio was made this week. This method helps to operate Bitcoin without the Internet connection.
- The US Security and exchange commission requested Reality Shares to withdraw its partial-Bitcoin exchange-traded fund proposal. There have been no positive updates from the SEC yet.
- Another bug was found in the Constantinople update for Ethereum. The second attempt of the update is expected to begin on Thursday, February 28.
- Crypto market welcomes institutional investors: Morgan Creek Capital invested $40 million to open a new crypto fund. The main investors are American public pension funds.
- Japanese financial holding Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group is developing a new blockchain payment platform and plans to launch it at the beginning of 2020.
- The leading US investment bank JPMorgan Chase created its own cryptocurrency JPM Coin. This is a stable coin backed by the USD. The bank plans to use it for international transactions.
- Nasdaq exchange fund adds a new Bitcoin (BLX) and Ethereum (ELX) indices to their trading services.
A selloff in stocks stopped. S&P 500 has reversed up from the 100-day moving average. It should be the perfect time to buy the index.
Did the era of the Dogecoin, the most famous cryptocurrency, come to its end, or it is just a calm before the storm? Let’s find out!
The FOMC, a committee within the Federal Reserve, will hold an important meeting and press conference on September 22 at 21:00 MT time (GMT+3).