January 15 is when CHF was unpegged from EUR in 2015. What happened on the Forex market on that day?
Jeff Adams, the Senior Sales Manager for Huobi Global: “We see a lot of appetites out there from players in more established financial markets when it comes to digital assets but many are still uncomfortable jumping into unregulated trading environments…”
The price for Bitcoin keeps trading near the strong resistance at $8,130. If bullish pressure in the market increases, the next resistance will lie at $8,450. If it weakens, bears will meet the first support at $7,670. In case of the fall, the next key level will lie at $7,120. The price for the oldest cryptocurrency formed a symmetrical triangle pattern, as a result, the break may be either up or down. RSI is moving close to the overbought zone.
What news has been happening in the crypto market this week?
- WhatsApp messenger launched a bot which allows sending BTC, ETH, LTC and ZTX token to other users.
- According to the investigation by the Block, Tether invested in different fiat assets and bitcoin. It means, that USDT is backed by BTC.
- Ethereum foundation will invest $19 million to the development of Ethereum 2.0 and $8 million to the support of the current blockchain of ETH.
- Grayscale Investments got the approval from the FINRA regulator on listing shares of the Ethereum-trust in the non-exchange market. Its price will depend on the market value of the ETH.
- AT&T, the world’s largest telecommunications company, became the first major U.S. mobile carrier to accept Bitcoin for payment.
- US Security and Exchange Commission once again postponed the approval of Bitcoin-ETF by VanEck and SolidX. At the same time, the NYSE Arca stock exchanged applied for the launch of Bitcoin-ETF, too.
- US tax regulator is working on the new rules on paying taxes from crypto assets.
- During the crypto fraud case, the court approved that Chinese citizens may own and exchange Bitcoin.
Are you kidding?
- Craig Wright, the famous Faketoshi, registered the rights on White Paper and the code of Bitcoin. However, this fact does not make him the creator of BTC, as it has not been checked.
Current prices (last update 19:20 MT time):
Today, the UK parliament starts the debate on Boris Johnson's Brexit paper. What are the likely consequences for the GBP?
What are the forecasts for EUR/USD in 2020 by major banks?
This week may be the most important since the year started as the Fed assess the economic outlook and the US presents fresh NFP readings.
S&P Global, a private banking company, will release a monthly change in British Flash Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) on January 24, 11:30 GMT+2. The index is a leading indicator of economic health as businesses react quickly to market conditions, and purchasing managers hold the most current and relevant insight into the company's view of the economy.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics will publish the US Consumer Price Index (CPI) m/m on January 12 at 15:30 GMT+2. The index measures a change in the price of goods and services purchased by consumers.