Nowadays, every news resource is talking about inflation, economic articles are yelling about it. More and more people are getting confused with all the published information.
Build your strategy on RSI
2019-11-11 • Updated
Before we consider RSI trading strategies, it’s worth beginning with the small definition of the RSI.
RSI (Relative Strength Index) is one of the oscillator indicators that is widely used by traders to determine reversal points. The main idea that you should keep in mind implementing different trading strategies is “if RSI rises above 70 bound, it means that the pair is overbought. If RSI falls below the 30 line – the pair is oversold.”
Let’s consider 2 simple trading strategies that you can use in your daily trading.
- Currency pair – any
- Timeframe – H4
- RSI – Period 8, apply to “Close”, levels: 30, 40, 50, 60, 70
- When RSI crosses the 50 level bottom up, place Buy Stop pending order 15 pips above the candlestick where the cross happened. Don’t forget about Stop Loss! Place it at the local minimum. And remember that if the index crossed the 50 level back, you should close the position.
- As soon as the index crosses the 60 level, place the second order. The Stop Loss should be placed at the local minimum as well.
- When is it time to close the position? As soon as the RSI breaks the 70 level upside down.
- When RSI crosses the 60 level downside, place a Sell Stop pending order 15 pips below the candlestick where the cross happened. The Stop Loss will be at the local high.
- When the index breaks below the 50 level, place another pending order below the candlestick of the cross. Don’t forget about the Stop Loss.
- If you come back to the introduction of this article, you will see that 30 line is one of the key levels. So when the index crosses the 30 level bottom up, it’s time to take profit as it’s a signal of the reversal up.
Strategy #2 (the 50th candlestick)
- Currency pair – any
- Timeframe – any
- RSI - Period 8, levels: 20, 80
- Find a pair the 50th candlestick of that is lower than previous 49 ones.
- Apply the RSI indicator. Check where the indicator crosses the 20 level upside down. Check whether the below 20 RSI corresponds to the 50th Only after both conditions are met, you can move to the next step.
- Now it’s time to wait for another candlestick that will be lower than the 50th However, it’s important to have a look at the index. The index is supposed to provide a higher signal than the first one (it’s a divergence between the indicator and the price). If these conditions are met as well, we can look for the entry point.
- The next step is to determine the entry. You should wait for the candlestick that will close above the 50th After that, you can open the position.
- The next step is very important in any trade. Place the Stop Loss. Have a look at the chart and find a reasonable support level according to the previous price moves. Your Stop Loss should be a little bit lower than the support because the price may reach the support and rebound. But if it doesn’t rebound, risks of the further fall would increase.
- The last step is to find a take profit level. It’s a golden rule of traders to use 1:3 risk-reward ratio. So if you determined the Stop Loss level, you should count the distance between the entry price and the Stop Loss and place 3 such distances above the entry price. It will be your target.
Tips: all traders know that signals of only one indicator don’t give 100% assurance. It’s always better to combine several indicators. And if you see that another indicator signals the reversal, it’s better to take that signal into consideration and maybe even close the position before the RSI gives a signal.
Making a conclusion, we can say that RSI is one of the most reliable indicators. You even may combine it with other indicators to create your own strategy!
Most (if not all) traders want to rule the market. It would be perfect not to have a single loss, unwise decision, or emotional trade. Unfortunately, it is impossible to forecast every market movement and trade without mistakes.
I wish every asset would be like cryptocurrency, not because crypto can jump 100% a day and immediately after that slump by half of the growth (it is still funny, though).
How to withdraw the money you earned with FBS?
The procedure is very straightforward. Go to the Withdrawal page on the website or the Finances section of the FBS Personal Area and access Withdrawal. You can get the earned money via the same payment system that you used for depositing. In case you funded the account via various methods, withdraw your profit via the same methods in the ratio according to the deposited sums.
How to open an FBS account?
Click the ‘Open account’ button on our website and proceed to the Personal Area. Before you can start trading, pass a profile verification. Confirm your email and phone number, get your ID verified. This procedure guarantees the safety of your funds and identity. Once you are done with all the checks, go to the preferred trading platform, and start trading.
How to start trading?
If you are 18+ years old, you can join FBS and begin your FX journey. To trade, you need a brokerage account and sufficient knowledge on how assets behave in the financial markets. Start with studying the basics with our free educational materials and creating an FBS account. You may want to test the environment with virtual money with a Demo account. Once you are ready, enter the real market and trade to succeed.
How to activate Level Up Bonus?
Open Level Up Bonus account in web or mobile version of FBS Personal Area and get up to $140 free to your account.