The American inflation rate is announced on Tuesday at 15:30 MT. It’s an important event for traders as it will impact hugely currency pairs with the USD.
5 important events this week will bring us!
- Speech by the ECB President Mario Draghi (Mon, 16:00 MT (13:00 GMT) time) – If the ECB president is hawkish, the EUR will be supported;
- CB consumer confidence for the US (Tue, 17:00 MT (14:00 GMT) time) – Higher-than-expected figures will push the USD up;
- RBNZ rate statement (Wed, 5:00 MT (2:00 GMT) time) – Analysts anticipate the Reserve bank of New Zealand to keep its interest rate unchanged at 1%. Traders will pay attention to the outline of the statement. If the RBNZ is hawkish, the NZD will rise.
- US final GDP (Thu, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – If the actual figures are higher than the forecasts, the USD will go up.
- US core durable goods orders and personal spending (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – Higher-than-expected figures will boost the USD
- After the trade talks between the US and China last week, we heard some positive comments on that matter from both sides.
- Oil prices jumped on the news that the reparation of the Saudi plant would likely take months.
- The EU’s Donald Tusk will meet the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson this week. However, judging by the tone of the Prime Minister, he does not expect any breakthrough this week. Also this week the Supreme Court will rule on Boris Johnson’s suspension of Parliament. The uncertainties affect the GBP.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting on Wednesday, April 14, at 05:00 MT.
Coinbase Global Inc., the leading cryptocurrency exchange in the US, will go public on the Nasdaq index on April 14!
Today traders await the US inflation data to be out at 15:30 MT. Jump in to get fresh trade ideas for today!