Hong Kong stock index extended a decline sparked by China’s tech crackdown. Tesla posted better-than-expected results. Jump in!
5 important events this week will bring us!
- Speech by the ECB President Mario Draghi (Mon, 16:00 MT (13:00 GMT) time) – If the ECB president is hawkish, the EUR will be supported;
- CB consumer confidence for the US (Tue, 17:00 MT (14:00 GMT) time) – Higher-than-expected figures will push the USD up;
- RBNZ rate statement (Wed, 5:00 MT (2:00 GMT) time) – Analysts anticipate the Reserve bank of New Zealand to keep its interest rate unchanged at 1%. Traders will pay attention to the outline of the statement. If the RBNZ is hawkish, the NZD will rise.
- US final GDP (Thu, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – If the actual figures are higher than the forecasts, the USD will go up.
- US core durable goods orders and personal spending (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – Higher-than-expected figures will boost the USD
- After the trade talks between the US and China last week, we heard some positive comments on that matter from both sides.
- Oil prices jumped on the news that the reparation of the Saudi plant would likely take months.
- The EU’s Donald Tusk will meet the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson this week. However, judging by the tone of the Prime Minister, he does not expect any breakthrough this week. Also this week the Supreme Court will rule on Boris Johnson’s suspension of Parliament. The uncertainties affect the GBP.
The overall market sentiment is risk-on. The S&P 500 index (US 500) is getting close to the all-time high. Oil is recovering quickly from its recent losses.
PMI reports from the EU, the UK, and the USA will be released during the day!
The Fed held a much-awaited meeting yesterday. The bank hasn’t made any policy changes. As a result, the USD weakened and EUR/USD rocketed. Jump in to know all the latest news!
What will happen? The US Q2 Gross Domestic Product will be announced at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3) on Thursday, July 29…
Today the Fed will make a policy statement at 21:00 GMT+3. This event will affect all the currency pairs with the USD and thus almost the all Forex market!