The United States will publish the ISM Manufacturing PMI on September 1, at 17:00 MT time (GMT+3).
5 important events this week will bring us!
- Rate statement by the Reserve bank of Australia (Tue, 7:30 MT (4:30 GMT time)) – Analysts anticipate a rate cut to 1%. The decision is already priced in. If the rate cut happens, the AUD will weaken. On the other hand, if the bank decides to keep the rate unchanged, the aussie may be supported.
- Canadian trade balance (Wed, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – Higher-than-expected figures will be good for the Canadian currency.
- Australian retail sales (Thu, 4:30 MT (1:30 GMT time)) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will advance by 0.2%. If the actual level is higher, the CAD will go up.
- Canadian jobs data (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – If the level of employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the loonie will rise.
- NFP (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – Will NFP come out better than the previous release? Let's find out on Friday.
- During the meeting between the US president Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping, the leaders agreed to restart trade talks. The US president promised not to add more tariffs on Chinese goods.
- OPEC+ members agreed to extend oil production output cuts for 9 months.
What will happen? The FOMC statement will be published at 21:00 MT (GMT+3) on Wednesday, July 28…
What will happen? US consumer confidence will be announced at 5:00 MT (GMT+3) on Tuesday, July 27…
Quadruple witching is gone and now there are no reasons for the market to hinder. From banks statements and economic data to gas storage reading and Fed’s Powell speech – get ready for active trading.
The US showed strong retail sales for August despite the spread of the Delta virus strain. As a result, the US dollar rocketed and gold dropped by 2286 points in half an hour after the release.
The United States will release MoM Retail Sales data on September 16, 15:30 GMT+3.