Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
5 important events this week will bring us!
- FOMC meeting minutes (Wed, 21:00 MT (18:00 GMT)) – If the release contains any hawkish hints on the further Fed’s decisions, the USD will go up.
- Speech by the Fed Chair Powell (Wed, 18:00 MT (15:00 GMT)) – If the Fed Chair provides hawkish comments, the USD will be supported.
- British GDP and manufacturing production (Thu, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – According to the forecasts, GDP growth is expected to remain at the same level, while the indicator of manufacturing production is forecast to increase by 0.1%. If the actual figures are higher, the British pound may get a positive momentum.
- US CPI and core CPI (Thu, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – The indicator of a headline consumer inflation is anticipated to increase by 0.1%, while its core level (without food and energy prices) is going to increase by 0.2%, according to analysts. Higher-than-expected figures will be good for US dollar.
- Canadian employment change and unemployment rate (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – If the actual level of employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the Canadian dollar will rise.
- The British pound is awaiting the Brexit court ruling on legislation called “the Benn Act”. It requires the Government to either reach a deal or get Parliament’s approval for a no-deal Brexit by October 19.
- The US-China trade talks are expected to continue on Thursday and Friday in Washington.
The volatility that the markets experienced last week promises the second tidal wave! What should your favorite assets anticipate during the first week of February?
The US will reveal Non-farm payrolls on January 7, Friday, at 15:30 GMT+2 (MetaTrader time).
The Australian Bureau of Statistics will announce the updated Unemployment Rate and Employment Change data on Thursday, May 19, at 04:30 MT.
The UK Office for National Statistics will publish Consumer Price Index (CPI) data on Wednesday, May 18, at 09:00 MT.
The US Census Bureau will announce Core Retail Sales and Retail Sales on Tuesday, May 17 at 15:30 MT.