You might be confused what asset to choose for trading at first. This article will help you to find out which trade instrument is best for you! Jump in!
Cherry-blossom trading strategy
2020-07-22 • Updated
Original version, concept
This strategy is called “Cherry-Blossom” because it suggests trading both American and Asian sessions. The idea proposed by this strategy is the following: American session is normally the one that shows the way, and the Asian session is the one that follows. So the approach here is to watch what happened during the American session and to open positions during the Asian session in the direction indicated by the American one. Opening positions is based on Fibonacci retracement levels as indicated below.
Original version, steps
- During the American session (15:00-00:00 GMT Summer time) pick a trade item that made a strong move (preferably 30 pips large).
- Apply Fibonacci retracement levels (100, 61.8, 50, 38.2, 23.6, 0.0) to the full span of that move.
- Before the Asian session starts (02:00 GMT Summer time), open pending orders at the key levels of the Fibonacci indicator (61.8, 50, 38.2, 23.6), with Stop Loss at 100.0 and Take Profit at 0.0.
- Some of your pending orders will get activated and closed at the Take Profit you set during the Asian session (02:00 – 09:00 GMT Summer time) and later on.
Extended version, concept
Practically, the American and the Asian sessions often do not trade in the same direction – in fact, it is very common that one trades against the other or goes into consolidation. Finally, in terms of time, it is the Asian session that opens the day, with the American session either confirming the moves or “disproving them”. For these reasons, a wider understanding of this strategy is suggested to make it more useful. Activating pending orders as in the image above requires the price to go into a retrace first, and then to fall into the observed direction. This relies on a wavy sideways pattern more than just on a trend continuation assumption. Therefore, it appears more practical to find a sideways pattern with a clear bottom or upper border, and apply the same steps.
Extended version, steps
- You find a wavy pattern (doesn’t have to be purely sideways).
- You apply Fibonacci levels to the full span of the last observed wave.
- You set pending orders in the expected direction at the beginning of the coming wave.
- You set Stop Loss at 0.0 and Take Profit at 100.00.
- You wait for those pending orders to get activated by the next wave and close.
By this time, you have already learned some basics…
In order to see the connections between the markets and the news, a newbie needs to understand the main principles of fundamental analysis.
Frequently asked questions
How to get the Trade 100 bonus?
Boost your trading skills with free $100 from FBS. To activate this option, open a Trade 100 bonus account with $100 in it. Use the money during 30 days of active trading and trade five lots. If you succeed, you can get your profit of $100. It is a win-win offer! Not only do you get a chance to profit, but you can also test the real markets and train your FX skills.
How to start trading?
If you are 18+ years old, you can join FBS and begin your FX journey. To trade, you need a brokerage account and sufficient knowledge on how assets behave in the financial markets. Start with studying the basics with our free educational materials and creating an FBS account. You may want to test the environment with virtual money with a Demo account. Once you are ready, enter the real market and trade to succeed.
How to open an FBS account?
Click the ‘Open account’ button on our website and proceed to the Personal Area. Before you can start trading, pass a profile verification. Confirm your email and phone number, get your ID verified. This procedure guarantees the safety of your funds and identity. Once you are done with all the checks, go to the preferred trading platform, and start trading.
How to withdraw the money you earned with FBS?
The procedure is very straightforward. Go to the Withdrawal page on the website or the Finances section of the FBS Personal Area and access Withdrawal. You can get the earned money via the same payment system that you used for depositing. In case you funded the account via various methods, withdraw your profit via the same methods in the ratio according to the deposited sums.