Here are a short wrap of the latest news and the tech analysis of EUR/USD, AUD/USD, and gold.
5 important things this week will bring us
- AUD CPI, Trimmed Mean CPI (Wed, 04:30 MT (01:30 GMT)) – the Australian currency needs support to continue the upward movement. Higher than anticipated readings will boost the AUD.
- BOC Meeting (Wed, 17:00 MT (14:00 GMT)) - clouds are gathering over the future of the Canadian interest rates. Easing global growth fears to affect central banks worldwide and the BOC isn’t an exception. Experts can’t come to the consensus about the upcoming policy of the Canadian bank. If the central bank keeps its dovish tone, the CAD will suffer after the meeting. If the bank is able to adopt a holding stance, the loonie will get a chance to appreciate.
- BOJ Meeting (Thu, Tentative) - there will be no changes to the interest rate. The impact of the statement will be limited as well if only the bank doesn’t surprise with unexpected comments.
- US Core Durable Goods Orders (Thu, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – positive actual readings will push the USD up.
- US Advanced GDP (Thu, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – the forecast is neutral. If the actual release outperforms it, the USD will appreciate. Otherwise, American currency may suffer.
Japan Prime Minister has gone for a tour of Europe and North America. The most important event is a meeting with Mr. Trump. Parties are anticipated to discuss North Korea's denuclearization and Japan-US trade negotiations. Comments during this tour may affect related currencies a lot.
The Australian economy has been on a steady recovery path, and now we have a very symbolic confirmation that S&P ASX 200 is about to cross 7000!
Jump in to know the latest market news and trade ideas for today!
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting on Wednesday, April 14, at 05:00 MT.