During the daily press briefing of Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, it was announced that Mexico will receive 1.4 million doses of the vaccine by the end of January. Is that optimistic enough for the peso?
Patrick McHenry, North Carolina Congressional Representative:
“I think there’s no capacity to kill Bitcoin. Even the Chinese, with their firewall and their extreme intervention in their society, could not kill Bitcoin.”
Bitcoin could not resist the $10,924 level and fell below the 50-day SMA on Tuesday. After that, the digital currency managed to recover and rise above the “neckline” of the double top pattern at $10,020 on Thursday, which is also the 38.2 Fibo level. At the moment of writing, the oldest crypto has been targeting the $10,020 level. The next support levels will lie at $9,488 and $8,927 (50% Fibo). In case of recovery, $10,924, $12,030, and $12,770 levels will be in focus.
· A bill which restricts technological companies to issue their own cryptocurrencies was introduced in the US Congress. Does it mean problems for Facebook?
· US finance Minister Steven Mnuchin expressed cautiousness concerning Facebook’s cryptocurrency Libra, Bitcoin, and other digital assets.
· France’s authorities are ready to approve the first group of crypto companies according to the recently submitted law.
· The hearing on Facebook’s Libra at the US Senate happened this week. Policymakers did not understand how money can be issued without banks.
· China acknowledged Bitcoin as a digital property.
· Siemens plans to use blockchain in car-sharing service.
Current prices (last update 17:03 MT time):
The European Central Bank will publish the monetary policy statement with the interest rate decision on January 21, at 14:45 MT time.
Joe Biden is going to unveil a Covid-19 relief package of about $2 trillion. After this announcement, the 10-year Treasury yield rose, adding support for the USD.
The US dollar’s weakness offered a boost to emerging-market currencies and oil.