Canada will release the level of CPI on August 21, at 15:30 MT time.
Patrick McHenry, North Carolina Congressional Representative:
“I think there’s no capacity to kill Bitcoin. Even the Chinese, with their firewall and their extreme intervention in their society, could not kill Bitcoin.”
Bitcoin could not resist the $10,924 level and fell below the 50-day SMA on Tuesday. After that, the digital currency managed to recover and rise above the “neckline” of the double top pattern at $10,020 on Thursday, which is also the 38.2 Fibo level. At the moment of writing, the oldest crypto has been targeting the $10,020 level. The next support levels will lie at $9,488 and $8,927 (50% Fibo). In case of recovery, $10,924, $12,030, and $12,770 levels will be in focus.
· A bill which restricts technological companies to issue their own cryptocurrencies was introduced in the US Congress. Does it mean problems for Facebook?
· US finance Minister Steven Mnuchin expressed cautiousness concerning Facebook’s cryptocurrency Libra, Bitcoin, and other digital assets.
· France’s authorities are ready to approve the first group of crypto companies according to the recently submitted law.
· The hearing on Facebook’s Libra at the US Senate happened this week. Policymakers did not understand how money can be issued without banks.
· China acknowledged Bitcoin as a digital property.
· Siemens plans to use blockchain in car-sharing service.
Current prices (last update 17:03 MT time):
On Tuesday, crypto assets dived, with Bitcoin decreasing below the psychologically crucial $5,000 mark for the first time this year…
In July, Britain's inflation rate rallied for the first time in 2018, thus leaving many UK households feeling quite squeezed by prices, soaring at nearly the same tempo as their wages…
Welcome to Tuesday, people! Here’s your markets update ahead of the European trading session.