How Energy Crisis Affects German PMI August 23, 2022, 10:30 GMT+3 Germany will publish Flash Manufacturing PMI data on Tuesday, August 23, at 10:30 MT time (GMT+3)…
Bitcoin Rallies Up, USD Takes Breath
- The earnings season has already started. Among the first ones to reveal their Q3 financial results will be banks: JP Morgan will reveal its results on Wednesday, while Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Morgan Stanley, and Citigroup – on Thursday.
- The crypto market keeps recovering. Bitcoin has broken above $57,000. The way up to $60,000 is open now!
- S&P 500, the broad market index, has reversed down. The 4300 support level should stop the index from falling further.
- Merck has sent its Covid-19 pill to the FDA for emergency approval. It can improve the overall market sentiment.
- Alibaba has shown an impressive recovery but closed in red yesterday. The stock advanced 24% since reaching a record low on October 5.
- Lufthansa paid back $1.7 billion, reducing part of the financial support it got during the Covid-19 pandemic. Now, it plans to repay the rest ($1.2 billion) by the end of this year.
EUR/USD has been moving inside the descending channel since early September. It has failed to cross the support of 1.1545 and reversed up. However, the pair shouldn’t cross the resistance level of 1.1580 on the first try as there are the 50-period moving average and the upper trend line. When the pair breaks below 1.1545, it is likely to fall to the psychological mark of 1.1500.
USD/JPY was rallying up, but took a breath and failed to break the resistance level of 113.50. If the pair crosses the 113.00 support, it may fall to the next round number of 112.00. However, the long-term trend remains bullish. The jump above 113.50 will open the doors to 114.00.
Finally, let’s look at the Bitcoin chart. It is edging higher to the psychological mark of $60,000 where the rally may stop for a while. If the cryptocurrency manages to break it, the way up to the high of April 15 at $63,500 will be clear. Support levels are the recent low of $54,000 and the psychological level of $50,000.
Last week was full of surprises! The US dollar plunged despite a better-than-expected retail sales report…
Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
Main news that will drive the market in the upcoming week include CB Consumer Confidence Index, Canadian GDP, and US Core PCE Price Index
The Federal Reserve (Fed) will announce its Interest Rate Decision and make a statement about the future monetary policy on Wednesday, September 21, GMT+3. After the higher-than-expected inflation numbers published on September 13, there’s almost no doubt the Federal Reserve will come up with another 75-basis-point rate hike. However, surprised by the CPI numbers, several Fed members announced the possibility of a 100-basis-point rate hike on Wednesday.
Every week we expect many interesting events that can shake the market.