Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
Daily News: Thursday, January 18
A lot of important events happened in the economic world, do not miss them!
- Reports of the Australian labor market in December 2017 were delivered at night on January 18. Data were mixed with a positive and negative index that affected currency rate in a mixed way. Aussie is falling and rising from yesterday evening.
- USD/CAD. On Wednesday the BOC increased the Interest Rate as it was forecast. Despite expectations of the rate increase, no one knew exactly how to trade, so it affected the unclear situation on the market. On a daily chart, we can see a long legged doji, that confirms changes in market direction.
- EUR/USD. The euro is falling on Thursday. The greenback managed to stabilize despite a synchronized global recovery and claims of central banks to start a tight policy.
- Another weakness. Sterling is falling because of data that shows softening U.K. inflation in December. However, it is still close to its highest level since the Brexit vote.
- China delivered GDP report where the actual number in 0.1 percentage point is higher than the forecast. More hawkish numbers than expected are always good for the currency, so CNY is expected to rise.
- Bitcoin fail. Bitcoin fell below $10,000 that is the half of its peak. South Korean and Chinese announcements about the ban of cryptocurrency trading crashed down Bitcoin.
- The USA is at a loss. China’s holding of US treasuries fell to the lowest in four months.
- But there is better news for the US. White House is going to pass a stopgap bill to keep government funded.
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
Chinese investors are selling the UST. Meanwhile, the earning season continues. What's going on in the markets?
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!