The US CPI will come out on Wednesday, May 11, at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3).
Daily News: Tuesday, February 6
Tuesday brought news from different spheres. Do not miss them!
- The Black Monday! On Monday, February 5, the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index fell more than 4%. It was the biggest fall of the stock market since 2011. The reason is hidden in the central bank loosening policy, that helped to supercharge stock prices before. However, recently central banks started to cut some of the supports, some of them even faster than was anticipated, that is why the fall happened.
- US equities fall caused the further drop in the oil market. Crude futures are slowing down for the third day achieved as much as 1.3% fall. WTI is surviving its 3-day drop with the price of $63.83. Brent is traded at the price of $67.22.
- Australian stability. The Reserve Bank of Australia announced interest rates for the first time this year, and as expected it remains unchanged at the level of 1.5%. The RBA said that such level of the interest rates supports the economy of Australia and the rising AUD would lead to inflation and worse economy effects.
- More data from Australia. Retail sales and trade balance data was published ahead RBA Rate statement. Both showed negative figures. Trade balance turned to a deficit despite the expected surplus, retail sales are less by 0.3 percentage points. Not good for AUD. AUD/USD spiked down to 0.7830 before recovering to 0.7885.
- Bitcoin is near $6000! Bitcoin plunged to $5.992 during the Asian session. It is supposed that new regulatory shakes affected it. Bloomberg said that two US controlling companies are going to ask Congress to consider federal supervision for digital-currency trading platforms. So new restrictions are shaking Bitcoin even more. Read the Bitcoin technical analysis here
- News for NZD traders. The Global Dairy Trade starts today at 14:00 MT time. Do not miss!
Representatives from 15 oil-rich nations attend OPEC meetings. They discuss a range of issues regarding energy markets and, most importantly, agree on how much oil they will produce.
On April 22, 2022, from 10:15 to 11:00 MT time, the Markit will release German and French flash services and manufacturing PMI.
The UK Office for National Statistics will publish Consumer Price Index (CPI) data on Wednesday, May 18, at 09:00 MT.
The US Census Bureau will announce Core Retail Sales and Retail Sales on Tuesday, May 17 at 15:30 MT.
The US PPI will come out on Thursday, May 12, at 15:30 MT time.