Today, two events will shake the US dollar. First, at 16:45 GMT+2, Markit, a statistical company, will release the US Flash Services PMI. Moreover, at 21:00 GMT+2, the Federal Reserve will release its meeting minutes.
Daily News: Tuesday, February 6
Tuesday brought news from different spheres. Do not miss them!
- The Black Monday! On Monday, February 5, the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index fell more than 4%. It was the biggest fall of the stock market since 2011. The reason is hidden in the central bank loosening policy, that helped to supercharge stock prices before. However, recently central banks started to cut some of the supports, some of them even faster than was anticipated, that is why the fall happened.
- US equities fall caused the further drop in the oil market. Crude futures are slowing down for the third day achieved as much as 1.3% fall. WTI is surviving its 3-day drop with the price of $63.83. Brent is traded at the price of $67.22.
- Australian stability. The Reserve Bank of Australia announced interest rates for the first time this year, and as expected it remains unchanged at the level of 1.5%. The RBA said that such level of the interest rates supports the economy of Australia and the rising AUD would lead to inflation and worse economy effects.
- More data from Australia. Retail sales and trade balance data was published ahead RBA Rate statement. Both showed negative figures. Trade balance turned to a deficit despite the expected surplus, retail sales are less by 0.3 percentage points. Not good for AUD. AUD/USD spiked down to 0.7830 before recovering to 0.7885.
- Bitcoin is near $6000! Bitcoin plunged to $5.992 during the Asian session. It is supposed that new regulatory shakes affected it. Bloomberg said that two US controlling companies are going to ask Congress to consider federal supervision for digital-currency trading platforms. So new restrictions are shaking Bitcoin even more. Read the Bitcoin technical analysis here
- News for NZD traders. The Global Dairy Trade starts today at 14:00 MT time. Do not miss!
This Wednesday will be heaven for day traders. A considerable number of events will make the market volatile. Don't miss it!
Goldman Sachs turns bullish on China, news from ECB, and Twitter's drama - everything you need to know in one place!
Good morning, dear traders! Hope you’re doing great! Let’s talk about the news that is worth following today! Key market events: 15:30 MT, CAD GDP m/m 17:00 MT, GBP BOE Gov Bailey Speaks Oil is tensed again Oil rose as China refined its approach…
Happy Friday, traders! Are you ready to trade at the end of the week? Here’s what you need to know before you start:
Hello, dear traders! We hope you have a great day! Let’s see what news is worth following today! Market closing US stock exchanges will be closed due to the Thanksgiving holiday…