The overall market sentiment is risk-on. The S&P 500 index (US 500) is getting close to the all-time high. Oil is recovering quickly from its recent losses.
Important events this week will bring us
- American Non-Farm Payrolls (Fri, 14:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – Most notable event in the monthly economic news. This report on the employment dynamics in USA will push the US dollar up if the actual indicator exceeds the expected 90K; otherwise, US dollar shall be dropping.
- American GDP Growth Rate (Wed, 14:00 MT (12:00 GMT)) – Forecasted as 1.7% against the Q2 figure of 2%, this GDP quarterly indicator pulls USD down if the actual figure proves to be less then expected.
- American Fed Interest Rate Decision (Wed, 20:00 MT (18:00 GMT)) – Analysts predict the rate cut to 1.75% that is supposed to pull the USD down.
- Brazilian Interest Rate Decision (Wed, 19:00 MT (21:00 GMT)) – According to forecasts, the rate will be kept unchanged. However, the mood of the central bank may affect the Brazilian real.
- European GDP Growth Rate (Thu, 12:00 MT (10:00 GMT)) – Quarterly GDP growth rate of the Eurozone is expected to be 0.1%, marking a slight drop from the previous figure and pulling euro down if it is confirmed.
- With EU confirming the extension of Brexit for another 3 months and UK parliament voting for an earlier election today, the British pound is entering another stage of uncertainty and volatility.
What will happen? The FOMC statement will be published at 21:00 MT (GMT+3) on Wednesday, July 28…
Hong Kong stock index extended a decline sparked by China’s tech crackdown. Tesla posted better-than-expected results. Jump in!
This week Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Pfizer, and other large US companies will deliver earnings reports…