The European Central Bank will publish the monetary policy statement with the interest rate decision on January 21, at 14:45 MT time.
Important events this week will bring us
- American Non-Farm Payrolls (Fri, 14:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – Most notable event in the monthly economic news. This report on the employment dynamics in USA will push the US dollar up if the actual indicator exceeds the expected 90K; otherwise, US dollar shall be dropping.
- American GDP Growth Rate (Wed, 14:00 MT (12:00 GMT)) – Forecasted as 1.7% against the Q2 figure of 2%, this GDP quarterly indicator pulls USD down if the actual figure proves to be less then expected.
- American Fed Interest Rate Decision (Wed, 20:00 MT (18:00 GMT)) – Analysts predict the rate cut to 1.75% that is supposed to pull the USD down.
- Brazilian Interest Rate Decision (Wed, 19:00 MT (21:00 GMT)) – According to forecasts, the rate will be kept unchanged. However, the mood of the central bank may affect the Brazilian real.
- European GDP Growth Rate (Thu, 12:00 MT (10:00 GMT)) – Quarterly GDP growth rate of the Eurozone is expected to be 0.1%, marking a slight drop from the previous figure and pulling euro down if it is confirmed.
- With EU confirming the extension of Brexit for another 3 months and UK parliament voting for an earlier election today, the British pound is entering another stage of uncertainty and volatility.
The market optimism waned amid stricter restrictions to control rising coronavirus infections. S&P 500 and Nasdaq dropped from the all-time highs, while the USD jumped higher.
S&P 500 skyrocketed to the all-time high on optimism that Biden’s fiscal stimulus will support economic growth and boost corporate earnings.
PMI reports from the EU, the UK, and the USA will be released during the day!