Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
Market updates on August 26
Key events ahead:
US core durable goods orders – 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time
The escalation of the trade war between the US and China has shaken the markets a lot. On Friday, China announced additional tariffs on $75 billion of American goods, including soybeans, automobiles, and oil. It did not take a long time for US President Donald Trump to respond as the US administration hit back with more tariffs on Chinese imports afterward and called for American companies to exit China's market. The risk-weighted currencies fell after the market opened, but managed to take back their positions on the comments that China wants to resolve the trade dispute with the US.
- AUD/USD tested the 0.6688 level but rebounded to the resistance at 0.6760. If bulls manage to break this level, the next resistance will lie at 0.6776. On the other hand, if the risk sentiment fades again, the pair will retest the 0.6688 level. The next support will lie at 0.6677.
- USD/JPY slid below the 104.73 level on H4 but immediately rebounded upwards to the resistance level at 106.03. In case of a breakout of this level, pay attention to the next key resistance at 106.23, which lies close to the crossover of 50- and 100- period SMAs. From the downside, it is recommended to pay attention to the 105.05 level. If the Japanese yen retest it, the chance of the fall to the lowest levels since January's flash crash at 104.73 will increase.
- Gold gapped up to its highest levels since 2013. The yellow metal has tested the highs at $1,555. Softer risk sentiment pulled it lower to the support at $1,525. The next key support for the price of gold will be placed at $1,508.8 (50-period SMA). However, as traders remain cautious today, it is recommended to keep an eye on the $1,555 level, which may be retested if risk-off sentiment increases.
- USD/CNH jumped to the fresh highs at 7.17 on the escalation of the trade conflict between the US and China. If the pair reverses, the first support at 7.0917 will be in focus. Bulls, on the other hand, will be looking for a retest of the 7.17 level.
- USD/TRY has risen from 5.7553 to 6.2850 during the flash crash, which occurred at the Asian trading session. It happened due to the Japanese investors who cut risk assets. The price immediately returned close to the 5.8066 level, which currently serves as a resistance for the pair. From the downside, the first support lies at 5.7325.
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!