The ECB Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts will be released at 14:30 MT on January 16
News to trade on December 12
- During the early Asian session, comments by US President Donald Trump cheered the markets. He said that he would intervene in Huawei CFO case if it’s good for reaching a great trade deal between the countries and national security. He also noted that negotiations with China have already started via phone. As for Auto tariffs on Japan and EU, they depend on trade negotiations with these countries.However, did not have much effect on the AUD and the NZD due to the strong US Dollar. Positive news on trade deal will help AUD/USD to rise towards the resistance at 0.7260. The risk-off sentiment will pull the pair downwards to the support at 0.7126.
- As for NZD/USD, the risk-on mood can help the pair to recover and stick above the resistance at 0.6890. Otherwise, the strong US Dollar will pull it towards the support at 0.6811.
- The USD got stronger against the JPY and drove USD/JPY towards the resistance at 113.6. If the USD weakens, the first support for the pair lies at 112.909.
- Today we anticipate the release of the headline CPI and core CPI at 15:30 MT time. According to analysts, the headline consumer price index will drop to 0%, while the core CPI will stay at the same level at 0.2%. If the actual data is higher than the forecast, EUR/USD will fall. The first support lies at 1.1260. What can make EUR/USD rise? The successful negotiations between the European Commission president Mr. Juncker and the Italian prime minister Mr. Conte on Italian budget at 17:00 MT time. If the sides will renegotiate on the target of the Italian budget deficit, EUR/USD will rise towards the resistance at 1.1374. Otherwise, it will fall towards 1.1260.
- Great Britain is awaiting the Confidence Vote on the Theresa May’s leadership. The members of the Conservative party will vote on whether they have confidence in the current prime minister at 20:00 MT time. If she loses, the leadership contest will begin and it will increase the uncertainty over the Brexit future. The negative news will pull GBP/USD towards the support at 1.2461. Otherwise, if Theresa May protects her place in the government and increases confidence in the Brexit deal, the pair will stick above the resistance at 1.2559.
Follow us for more news!
We expect the US-China phase one trade deal to be signed on Wednesday and multiple important indicators for the USD. Plus, it is the first week of the earnings reports
The British yearly CPI will be released at 11:30 MT on January 15
Netflix releases its Q4'2019 earnings report on Tuesday at 13:00 MT (11:00 GMT). Are you ready to trade stock on it?
The Bank of Canada (BOC) will release its rate statement alongside the monetary policy report during its meeting on January 22 at 17:00 MT time.
Events in Libya pushed the oil price up. So what's the strategy to benefit from it?