The Fed is ready to start tapering in November. Since the markets were expecting this and it wasn’t a surprise, the USD slumped allowing risk-on currencies and gold to rally up.
News to trade on December 12
- During the early Asian session, comments by US President Donald Trump cheered the markets. He said that he would intervene in Huawei CFO case if it’s good for reaching a great trade deal between the countries and national security. He also noted that negotiations with China have already started via phone. As for Auto tariffs on Japan and EU, they depend on trade negotiations with these countries.However, did not have much effect on the AUD and the NZD due to the strong US Dollar. Positive news on trade deal will help AUD/USD to rise towards the resistance at 0.7260. The risk-off sentiment will pull the pair downwards to the support at 0.7126.
- As for NZD/USD, the risk-on mood can help the pair to recover and stick above the resistance at 0.6890. Otherwise, the strong US Dollar will pull it towards the support at 0.6811.
- The USD got stronger against the JPY and drove USD/JPY towards the resistance at 113.6. If the USD weakens, the first support for the pair lies at 112.909.
- Today we anticipate the release of the headline CPI and core CPI at 15:30 MT time. According to analysts, the headline consumer price index will drop to 0%, while the core CPI will stay at the same level at 0.2%. If the actual data is higher than the forecast, EUR/USD will fall. The first support lies at 1.1260. What can make EUR/USD rise? The successful negotiations between the European Commission president Mr. Juncker and the Italian prime minister Mr. Conte on Italian budget at 17:00 MT time. If the sides will renegotiate on the target of the Italian budget deficit, EUR/USD will rise towards the resistance at 1.1374. Otherwise, it will fall towards 1.1260.
- Great Britain is awaiting the Confidence Vote on the Theresa May’s leadership. The members of the Conservative party will vote on whether they have confidence in the current prime minister at 20:00 MT time. If she loses, the leadership contest will begin and it will increase the uncertainty over the Brexit future. The negative news will pull GBP/USD towards the support at 1.2461. Otherwise, if Theresa May protects her place in the government and increases confidence in the Brexit deal, the pair will stick above the resistance at 1.2559.
Follow us for more news!
US Retail Sales will be out on October 15 at 15:30 MetaTrader time (GMT+3).
Australia will release employment change and an unemployment rate on Thursday, October 14, at 03:30 MT (GMT+3).
The United States will release the weekly Unemployment Claims on October 21, at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3).
Great Britain will publish the Inflation Rate on October 20, at 09:00 MT time (GMT+3).
The bullish movement in the stock market is gaining speed, and Bitcoin ETFs are closer than they might seem. What do we need to know for the next trading week?