Have you seen the film “Big Short”? The investor from the film sold the largest number of Tesla shares he has ever sold: 800,100, that worth $534 million.
The US-China trade war escalates
Good Friday, traders! Let's start with the updates from the US-China trade war's front. Yesterday, US President Donald Trump announced an additional 10% tariff on the remaining 300 billion dollars of goods and products since September 1. China, in its turn, said about countermeasures needed as a response to this unexpected move. As a result, the risk-weighted assets dropped significantly.
- The Australian dollar and the New Zealand dollar have seen huge moves to the downside. AUD/USD is currently trading at the lowest levels since January's flash crash.
- Safe-haven Japanese yen has strengthened. USD/JPY has been targeting support from June 25 at 106.76.
- USD/CNH has risen to the highest levels since last November. The pair is currently trading at 6.9718.
- Gold retested its recent highs at $1,448.
- As for exotic currency pairs, USD/MXN and the USD/ZAR jumped higher, while USD/BRL gapped up above the 50-day SMA since the start of today's trading session.
Nike has dropped to lows unseen since November of 2020 as it faces a boycott in China over Xinjiang's cotton issues.
Chinese stocks were pressed by the US plans to kick them off US stock exchanges. Alibaba has already plunged by 4% in pre-market hours.
The Fed held a much-awaited meeting yesterday. The bank hasn’t made any policy changes. As a result, the USD weakened and EUR/USD rocketed. Jump in to know all the latest news!
What will happen? The US Q2 Gross Domestic Product will be announced at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3) on Thursday, July 29…
Today the Fed will make a policy statement at 21:00 GMT+3. This event will affect all the currency pairs with the USD and thus almost the all Forex market!