Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
US Dollar Prepares for the Pump
Good morning, dear traders! Are you ready for a new trading day? Let’s see what news can shake the market today.
Today’s key events
15:30 GMT+2, Canadian GDP m/m
15:30 GMT+2, Core PCE Price Index m/m
The US dollar index formed a bullish pattern ahead of the Core PCE Price Index m/m
US dollar index, monthly timeframe
The US dollar index declined to a significant support level on the monthly timeframe. Without a doubt, sellers won't break this level straight away. Thus, we expect a reversal to happen.
US dollar index, H4 timeframe
On the H4 timeframe, the US dollar index has formed a bullish falling wedge. At the beginning of the trading session, the price is testing the upper border of this wedge. Thus, in case of a higher-than-expected Core PCE Price Index m/m, the US dollar will skyrocket against other currencies.
Other important news:
- Rally in Chinese stocks fizzles amid a rise in Covid cases, even as authorities say they are easing restrictions.
- Musk said that within two years, he does not plan to sell shares of Tesla. He also stated that the company is considering a buyback.
- Reports appeared online that Binance is actively negotiating with potential new investors, including Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, for new funding rounds, which should provide support and trust in the exchange.
- EURUSD broke below the 50-period moving average and retested it. The price might decline to 1.0580 today.
- The US stock market reacted in two ways to yesterday's good data on GDP and unemployment. The Santa Rally should have started already, but there is no reason for growth so far.
- The Bank of Japan discussed the abandonment of ultra-low interest rates.
Have a great day!
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
Chinese investors are selling the UST. Meanwhile, the earning season continues. What's going on in the markets?
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!