In December, new orders for major American capital goods suddenly slumped in the face of decreasing demand for machinery as well as primary metals, indicating a sustained deceleration in business spending on equipment, which could further impact economic…
Weekly Crypto News
Robert Shiller, Nobel laureate in Economics: “Cryptocurrencies could be the latest case of more than a century’s worth of failed efforts to revolutionize money”.
- Bitcoin is plunging. Negative comments in the media and stricter regulations continue to weight on the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin broke the support at $7,700 and reached lows of the middle of April 2018. Up to date the digital currency is trading near $7,200. The next support is at $6,400.
- Tom Lee, Fundstrat Global Advisors Head of Research, who predicted the rise of Bitcoin to $15,000 after a conference “Consensus 2018”, predicts Bitcoin will reach $25,000 by the end of the year. According to Mr. Lee, the cryptocurrency does not have to surge daily to reach that level.
- Banks are closer to a replacement of SWIFT transactions with Bitcoin transactions. An Argentinian Bank Banco Masventas together with a cryptocurrency exchange Bitex plan to implement international transactions in Bitcoin in the near future.
- A network of Bitcoin Gold was hacked. A hacker managed to steal 388K tokens = $18 million.
- Two start-ups with a support of a co-founder of PayPal Peter Thiel are raising money to create two artificial islands in the Pacific Ocean. Citizens of the islands won’t be under control of any state and will use cryptocurrencies as means of payment.
- Financial regulators of the US and Canada are conducting a joint investigation against cryptocurrency scammers. 70 cases are being investigated.
- According to Bloomberg, U.S. Department of Justice is investigating a manipulation with cryptocurrencies’ rates.
- A cryptocurrency exchange Huobi Pro implemented a cryptocurrency index that tracks data on 10 assets in relation to USDT.
- Coinbase announced an acquisition of the Paradex trading platform, as well as the rebranding of the GDAX platform. GDAX will be called Coinbase Pro and it will work mostly with individual cryptocurrency investors. Coinbase will make some changes to the technology of Paradex, so, it will let clients outside the US access the platform.
- Commerzbank and ThyssenKrupp have replicated a foreign exchange transaction using blockchain. According to the Commerzbank, the use of the blockchain could help reduce delays and manual errors.
- A new crypto trading protocol Tari will be launched on a base of a network of Monero. It will help support non-fungible tokens - tokens with unique properties, such as tickets with ownership information.
Bitcoin $7,418 (+0.04%)
DASH $329.78 (-1.41%)
Ethereum $593.90 (+2.86%)
Litecoin $119.35 (+1.72%)
American mortgage applications tacked on for the first time for five weeks because most home borrowing costs kept to their lowest value for 10 months…
The releases of employment change and the unemployment rate for Australia are expected on February 21, at 2:30 MT time.
Did Bitcoin manage to recover and what was the hottest news in the crypto and blockchain world? Read and find out!
On Monday, Asian stocks traded mostly higher, with Shanghai bucking the trend because centrist Emmanuel Macron fully matched opinion survey hopes and left anti-EU far-right nominee Marine Le Pen behind…
Japan's March real wages went down at the fastest pace in nearly two years, weighed by minor nominal pay lifts as well as a moderate ascend in consumer prices, thus posing a setback for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's tries to revitalize the Japanese…