The British monthly GDP is announced on Friday at 09:00 MT time.
Bitcoin is falling further. Yesterday it plunged to $7,666, and today the cryptocurrency is quite above $8,000. Does bitcoin have chances to recover?
- According to a forecast of Goldman Sachs, a possibility of bitcoin’s plunge below a February low is actual. If a bitcoin’s price is not able to gain a foothold above the support at $9,210, a collapse below $5,922 and lower is quite possible.
- The Japanese cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck repaired losses to all users in one day, that cost $435 million. The repayment had a positive impact on NEM that was stolen when Coincheck was hacked.
- Help Binance, earn money! The cryptocurrency exchange Binance announced a reward of $250,000 for the information that will help to find hackers who tried to hack the platform on March 7. Moreover, the company allocated another $10 million for awards for help in preventing similar incidents.
- Coinbase is widening its influence. Coinbase is the first US cryptocurrency exchange that got a license to work in the UK. With this license, it has a right to work in all EU countries.
- The number of Lightning Network's nods in the Bitcoin’s network rose above 1K. Will the Lightning Network become an answer of Bitcoin to low commissions of altcoins?
- Telegram is putting more restrictions. Investors that are under US and EU sanctions will not be able to participate in the Telegram’s ICO.
- Scientists of the University of California created an artificial intelligence ICORATING that determines ICO scam.
- Congressmen could not agree whether regulate cryptocurrencies or not. Hearings on cryptocurrencies and ICO were held in the US Congress. A part of them offered to start regulating cryptocurrencies immediately. Another part said that the USA already have tools to effectively control the market.
- The European Commission (the executive body of the EU) does not plan to ban mining if it fits energy consumption’s rules.
Bitcoin $8,215.3 (+4.79%)
DASH $412.5 (+3.11%)
Ethereum $607.51 (+3.04%)
Litecoin $161.25 (+3.00%)
The main market tendency today is that the US dollar is rising against its major peers and riskier assets such as stocks and oil are plummeting.
The US unemployment claims are out on Thursday at 15:30 MT time.
The European Central Bank will publish the monetary policy statement with the interest rate decision on January 21, at 14:45 MT time.
Joe Biden is going to unveil a Covid-19 relief package of about $2 trillion. After this announcement, the 10-year Treasury yield rose, adding support for the USD.
The US dollar’s weakness offered a boost to emerging-market currencies and oil.