The first part of the week was more than optimistic for Bitcoin. However, now it is going through the correction phase.
Bitcoin is falling further. Yesterday it plunged to $7,666, and today the cryptocurrency is quite above $8,000. Does bitcoin have chances to recover?
- According to a forecast of Goldman Sachs, a possibility of bitcoin’s plunge below a February low is actual. If a bitcoin’s price is not able to gain a foothold above the support at $9,210, a collapse below $5,922 and lower is quite possible.
- The Japanese cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck repaired losses to all users in one day, that cost $435 million. The repayment had a positive impact on NEM that was stolen when Coincheck was hacked.
- Help Binance, earn money! The cryptocurrency exchange Binance announced a reward of $250,000 for the information that will help to find hackers who tried to hack the platform on March 7. Moreover, the company allocated another $10 million for awards for help in preventing similar incidents.
- Coinbase is widening its influence. Coinbase is the first US cryptocurrency exchange that got a license to work in the UK. With this license, it has a right to work in all EU countries.
- The number of Lightning Network's nods in the Bitcoin’s network rose above 1K. Will the Lightning Network become an answer of Bitcoin to low commissions of altcoins?
- Telegram is putting more restrictions. Investors that are under US and EU sanctions will not be able to participate in the Telegram’s ICO.
- Scientists of the University of California created an artificial intelligence ICORATING that determines ICO scam.
- Congressmen could not agree whether regulate cryptocurrencies or not. Hearings on cryptocurrencies and ICO were held in the US Congress. A part of them offered to start regulating cryptocurrencies immediately. Another part said that the USA already have tools to effectively control the market.
- The European Commission (the executive body of the EU) does not plan to ban mining if it fits energy consumption’s rules.
Bitcoin $8,215.3 (+4.79%)
DASH $412.5 (+3.11%)
Ethereum $607.51 (+3.04%)
Litecoin $161.25 (+3.00%)
On Wednesday, China posted shockingly weaker surge in retail sales as well as industrial output for April, thus increasing pressure on the Chinese cabinet to roll out more stimulus because the trade conflict with America escalates…
In April, American import prices surged less than anticipated in April due to the fact that jumps in the cost of food and petroleum were tamed by the largest tumble in the price of capital goods for a decade, dropping a hint at the fact that inflation…
On Monday, gold declined notwithstanding a lower American currency because data underpinned hopes for a Fed interest rate lift…
On Friday, European stock indices fluctuated at the beginning of the trading session…
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting at 00:00 MT time on August 9.