We are now past the middle of January, and this means that the largest US companies will report their earnings for the fourth quarter and many of them will provide the results of the entire 2020.
Michael Novogratz, the founder of Galaxy Digital: "We have gone from, you know, crypto as an experiment, is it real? Is it tulips? Crypto is going to be a substantial part of the financial and consumer infrastructure of the world."
Bulls finally gave up their positions. The price for Bitcoin bounced from the resistance at $8,900 and started to fall down. Despite yesterday's bullish surge, which helped them to test the $9,075 level, bears came out to be stronger. At the moment, the price for the oldest crypto is testing the support at $7,970. The next support lies at $7,660. If bulls make attempt to push Bitcoin's price higher once again, they will reach the resistance at $8,500. The next key level is placed at $8,733.
· Zcash developers released Zepio crypto wallet with anonymous transactions.
· Yahoo-backed exchange platform Taotao was launched in Japan.
· EOS is expected to make a big announcement on June 1. Get ready for volatility.
· Tron revealed new BitTorrent file system.
· Authorities of Egypt plan to lift the ban on crypto and allow licensed crypto companies to work in the country.
· Chinese Wei Liu claimed to be the founder of Bitcoin. This is the second attempt to get copyright registration for the Satoshi Nakamoto’s invention. The first one belongs to Craig Wright.
· The price of Bitcoin SV pumped and dumped after scammers claimed its creator is actually Satoshi Nakamoto.
Current prices (last update 6:40 MT time):
Bitcoin – $8,401
DASH - $163.14
Litecoin – $110.11
Ethereum – $260.10
Poor US data, slow vaccine distribution, rising virus cases worsened the market sentiment and underpinned safe-haven currencies like the USD, and JPY.
The European Central Bank will publish the monetary policy statement with the interest rate decision on January 21, at 14:45 MT time.
Jump in to know the key market events and trading ideas for this week!
The Canadian central bank will make a monetary policy report and announce interest rates on Wednesday, January 20, at 17:00 MT time. Also, the BOC press conference will be held later.
USD’s rally takes a pause, while riskier assets are modestly rising.